News and Publications
Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) is a leader in academic throughput and we have published in some of the most prestigious academic journals in the world. In an effort to continually update our community, we will continue to add relevant journal articles related to heart valve disease on this page.
Aortic Valve Disease and Therapy
- Two-year outcomes after transcatheter or surgical aortic-valve replacement
- TAVR for inoperable severe AS
- Transcatheter aortic-valve implantation for aortic stenosis in patients who cannot undergo surgery
- Concomitant transcatheter aortic and mitral valve-in-valve replacements using transfemoral devices via the transapical approach: first case in
- The impact of frailty status on survival after transcatheter aortic valve replacement in older adults with severe aortic stenosis: a single-center experience
- Early and late (one year) outcomes following transcatheter aortic valve implantation in patients with severe aortic stenosis
TAVR Shown to Benefit Low Surgical Risk Patients
The results of two trials comparing TAVR to surgical aortic valve replacement for patients with severe aortic stenosis, but low surgical risk, were released. These results showed a lower rate of death and...
The Structural Heart & Valve Center featured on United Press International
Minimally invasive procedure for valve problems reduces heart failure risk
The Structural Heart & Valve Center featured on WABC News New York
NewYork-Presbyterian Heart Health: Less invasive procedure for heart valve replacement with TAVR